August 06 - August 28, 2019
Welcome to the International Music Masterclasses Ardea.
After highly successful two International Music Masterclasses Ardea held in 2019, where we welcomed over 50 young musicians from all over the world and world renowned professors Brian Finlayson (violin), Oliver Kern (piano), Marko Zupan (flute), Goran Koncar (violin), Maroje Brcic (guitar) and Alexander Olschewski (violin), this year Ardea will offer over a month filled with music. We will offer: violin, flute, piano and guitar masterclasses.
Ardea is engaged to provide an excellent and diverse form of classical music courses with leading performers working with talented classical music students and young professionals.
It is my great pleasure to welcome wonderful musicians and professors:
Maroje Brcic (guitar), August 06 – August 12
Marko Zupan (flute), August 17 – August 24
Alexander Olschewski (Alexander – Technik), August 18 – August 24
Goran Koncar (violin), August 22 – August 28
Brian Finlayson (violin), August 22 – August 28
Oliver Kern (piano), August 22 – August 28
Ardea will provide:
- A great opportunity for young talented musicians from different countries to meet, create important contacts and benefit from working with great performers.
- An opportunity for the public attending Ardea masterclasses to take part in this fascinating learning process and to have an intimate view of each teacher’s technique and style of teaching.
- The chance to hear talented young musicians in daily classes, and watch their progress and response in evening concerts always under the influence of distinguished artists and teachers.
Most importantly – many young people with great potential but, often, scant financial resources, will benefit from Ardea´s competitive prices and great practice and accommodation conditions.
The incomparable nature and atmosphere of this small town Capljina will leave you wanting more and create a spirit of friendship and teamwork among participants.
Please check back on this website regularly for updated information. I do look forward to meeting you at Ardea!
With all best wishes,
Angelica Zeljka Mandaric
Oliver Kern was born in 1970 in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany, where he began studying piano at the age of 5. His artistic activity started when he was very young, and he stood out in the German musical scene for his brilliant achievements in international piano competitions. He graduated with a first-class degree in piano, orchestral conducting and choral conducting from the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik in Stuttgart, under the guidance of Wan Ing Ong. [...]
Flutist Marko Zupan enjoys a diverse international career as a soloist, chamber artist, orchestral player, improviser, teacher and arranger. He graduated at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana, Slovenia in the class of prof. Matej Zupan. Later he entered the class of Prof. Pierre-Yves Artaud at ENMP “Alfred Cortot” in Paris as well as Conservatoire National de Musique de Créteil “Marcel Dadi” to study with Prof. Georges Alirol. After gaining the Diplôme Supérieur d’Enseignement and d’Exécution, he also achieved the Diplôme Supérieur de Concertiste de Flûte. [...]
Goran Končar, one of the most outstanding Croatian violinists, studied at the Zagreb Music Academy in the classes of Martin Borić and Josip Klima. He achieved his M.A. degree in the class of Leonid Kogan at the Conservatory Tchaikovsky in Moscow. He continued his enhancement with Max Rostal in Bern and Henryk Szeryng in Geneve. Then he continued enhancing with Yfrah Neaman in London to become his assistant at the Guildhall School of Music in the period 1981 – 1983. [...]
Maroje Brčić was born in Dubrovnik where he started playing the guitar at the age of 7 under the guidance of his father Stefanin Brčić. He finished highschool in the class of prof. István Römer and graduated classical guitar at the Music Academy in the class of prof. Darko Petrinjak. He teaches guitar at the Art Academy of the Split University and regulary gives masterclasses and lectures as well as participates in juries at croatian competitions. [...]
Alexander Olschewski - With both my violin playing and my teaching, my main interest was always a natural way of dealing with oneself and consequently with the instrument. Through my three year training with Dan Armon as a teacher of the Alexander technique according to the principles of the ATVD (Alexander technique association Germany) I had the opportunity to build a basis from which to approach this. I studied violin [...]
Melbourne-born violinist Brian Finlayson studied in Melbourne with Brian Blake and Dorothy Gleadall. He undertook further studies with Valery Klimov (a student of and successor to David Oistrach) followed by studies in Cologne from 1980 to 1983 with Igor Ozim, the Amadeus Quartet and Günter Kerr, performing concerts and touring throughout USA, Canada, France and Germany as a soloist and member of the Heidelberger Kammerorchester. [...]
- Application deadline is July 12nd 2019.
- With the registration, the registration fee in the amount of 50EUR must be payed to the bank account of the Ardea Masterclasses by bank transfer (free of charge for the receiver). The application will only become valid once the registration fee has been transferred to the account given. The registration fee cannot be refunded in case of withdrawal.
- Tuition fees:
- Active participants 220 EUR
- Passive participants 60 EUR
- Partial scholarships for participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina – Stipendije za polaznike iz BiH Because of economic challenges Bosnia and Herzegovina faces, number of scholarships has been provided for participants from this country who are especially talented and worthy of additional social encouragement. Scholarships will reduce the tuition fee to 110 EUR and the registration fee to 20 EUR (55% reduction). Only a limited number of scholarships are available. Applications will be taken into consideration in the order in which they are received, which is why we strongly suggest applying early. There is no legal claim to these scholarships.
- All participants (both active and passive) should pay the tuition fee in its entirety by the 12th July
- For international payments, please transfer registration and tuition fees to the following bank account:
- Account holder: Centar za obrazovanje i kulturu AKADEMIJA – Capljina
- Bank Name: UniCredit Bank d.d. Mostar
- IBAN: BA393381104846172106
- SWIFT: UNCRBA22
- Bank Name: UniCredit Bank d.d. Mostar
- Za uplate iz BiH koristite sljedeci racun (For payments from Bosnia and Herzegovina please use the following account):
- Identifikacijski broj (IB): 4227794780004 * UniCredit Bank d.d. Mostar
- Broj KM računa: 3381102246171787
- Important: When making a direct bank transfer, please include your name and Ardea Masterclasses as intended purpose for the transfer.
- The participation fee includes:
- at least 3 individual lessons with chosen professor (youngest participants at least 4 lessons with the assistant)
- final concert with chosen participants
- at least one public performance
- practice rooms
- Masterclass Certificate
- As a courtesy to the participants, special discount for accommodation of students was arranged by Ardea in:
- Hotel Park Karaotok (22 EUR per night, breakfast included),
- Hotel Bigeste Ljubuški,
- Motel Hrasno Čapljina,
- Private accommodation (apartments) in Čapljina and Ljubuški,
- For a fixed number of participants with limited financial resources, Ardea Masterclasses offers to organize a private accommodation (12 EUR per night) upon request. If a student wishes to organize his/ her own accommodation, he/she has to inform the secretary of Ardea.
- Each professor will teach max of 12 active participants, in daily one-on-one lesson, giving at least 3 lessons to each active participant.
- Assistants will provide daily lessons for youngest music students (max 12 active participants) from the region, at least 4 lessons to each participant.
- The program prepared for the courses must be indicated in detail at the time of application. Accompanists will be provided for violin and violoncello masterclasses, as well as for the concerts.
- Official languages of the courses are: English and Croatian. Selected masterclasses can be held also on German.
- The participants are to register at the Ardea office in person one day before the courses begin.
- Active participants will have the opportunity to practice daily for at least 3 hours.
- Active participants will receive a certificate confirming their participation.
- Passive participants may also attend the course.
- Ardea reserves all rights pertaining to radio and television recordings of concerts and classes/lessons/seminars given free of charge at the Ardea. Ardea zadržava sva prava za moguća radio i TV-snimanja koncerata/nastave/seminara Ardea-e bez naknade.
- By signing the application form, the participants agree to accept the terms of Ardea.
- Ardea reserves the right to change the program. Ardea zadržava pravo izmjene programa.
- A student of any age participates on his/her own risk. Ardea does not incur liability for anything.
- The international Music Masterclass ARDEA 2019 has a special offer in its programme, the ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE. This is a world-renowned technique for musicians (especially instrumentalists), but also for people in many other professions who have back, neck, hand problems etc. The leader is the recognised expert Alexander Olschewski, who is a musician himself (violinist), whom this method has helped immensely in his work, eliminating the difficulties he had experienced. More information available on his website or by contacting him directly. Mr. Alexander Olschewski will be part of ARDEA from 18 to 24 August 2019. He will be working individually with all interested applicants. The total price of the therapy is 50 EUR, while for all applicants from Bosnia and Herzegovina the price is 50 BAM, i.e. the organisers will grant 50% of the total amount.
- Holders of passports of the following 79 jurisdictions, including resident stateless persons and refugees, may enter and stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina for up to 90 days without a visa.
- Visa Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 – May enter using an ID card
Well-known place of pilgrimage Medjugorje is only 9km away from Capljina. There are good bus connections from Split, Dubrovnik, Mostar and Sarajevo to Medjugorje and Capljina. Direct bus lines run also from Zagreb and other major cities in Croatia and in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
If you have any questions or need any assistance in planning your journey, please contact email@example.com.
Ardea Related News
Application deadline is July 12th 2019